Everyone is all hot and bothered over the threesome sex tape featuring hot mess Kari Ann Peniche, “Grey’s Anatomy” star Eric “McSteamy” Dane, and his wifey, Rebecca Gayheart. Back in the early ’90s, Rebecca was one of our idols. We’d watch her splash water on her face in Noxzema commercials and daydream about what it would be like to have such amazing features and gorgeously curly hair. Then she swooped in on “Beverly Hills, 90210″ and stole Dylan McKay’s heart, marrying him right before getting shot in one of the best television moments of all time. She seemed seriously on the way up until … well, she disappeared.
So what has this chick been up to between dying in Dylan’s arms in 1995 and hopping in a bathtub with Eric and Kari Ann in 2009?
- After “90210″ Gayheart continued to make appearances on the boob tube, though in a bunch of super forgettable roles. She played Sam, a perky social worker, in the 1999 series “Wasteland,” about a group of friends in their post-college years. It was canceled after three episodes. She also showed up in “Dead Like Me,” “Vanished,” and “The Division.”
- But her forgettable roles in the late ’90s weren’t just confined to TV. Gayheart appeared in the flicks “Jawbreaker,” “From Dusk Till Dawn 3,” “Urban Legends: Final Cut,” and a bunch of other crap we didn’t see.
- If you want to mark your days by looking at Rebecca’s bod, I suggest you pick up the 1999-2000 calendar from the University of Kentucky’s hockey team. She’s in it.
- In 2001, Rebecca hit 9-year-old Jorge Cruz Jr on a street in Los Angeles. She was passing another car and was talking on her cell phone when the accident happened. While vehicular manslaughter charges were pending, Gayheart got in another accident. She was later convicted and had to serve 750 hours of community service and do three years of probation. She also had to do a public service announcement about wack driving. However, Rebecca paid an alarmingly small fine and her license was only suspended for one year.
- A year later, things looked up for Rebecca when she got cast on Joss Whedon’s “Firefly.” Only, after a day of filming, she was replaced.
- In October 2004, Rebecca met Eric Dane. “It’s probably one of the least interesting stories in the world,” Dane said. “It went basically like this: ‘You wanna go out?’ ‘Yeah, sure.’ Ten months later, we were married.”
- After marrying Dane, Rebecca had much more luck in the acting world. She got a recurring part in “Nip/Tuck.” Then she played Alexis Meade’s ex-girlfriend Jordan in an awesome cameo on “Ugly Betty.”
- We aren’t sure if they’re going to keep her after this whole sex tape thing, but right now Rebecca is acting in a Broadway comedy called “Boeing-Boeing” with Christine Baranski, Mark Rylance, Greg Germann, Paige Davis and Missi Pyle.
Keep your head up, Rebecca. [Rebecca Gayheart Fan]