Today’s Lady News: Feminists Guilty Of Don Draper Lust Yet Again
- Season three of “Mad Men” debuted last night, which means it’s time for yet another round of “I’m A Feminist And I Feel Guilty For Crushing On Don Draper” confessionals. [Newsweek]—Actually, I’m so over Don. ‘Twas easy after he shoved his wife and sexually assaulted Bobbi Barrett. Alas, now I feel guilty for my crush on Pete Campbell.
- A judge in Florida ruled that a Gay-Straight Alliance club is allowed to meet on campus at a Yulee High School in Yulee, FL, and should have the same privileges as all other clubs. A lawsuit was filed against the district after school officials told the club they couldn’t meet at school because would be disruptive to students, it violated the school’s abstinence-only education policy, and it could not meet unless it changed its name to something other than ‘Gay-Straight Alliance.’ [Feminist Majority]—Hmm, somehow I think if the student club had just been called the ‘Straight Alliance,’ there would have been no problem.
- The Obama administration filed court papers in support of a lawsuit by a same-sex California couple challenging the Defense of Marriage Act. DOMA gives states the rights to refuse to recognize gay marriages performed in other states. [Huffington Post]
- Fellow lady-blog Jezebel watched a table reading the abortion episode of “Family Guy” that Fox refused to air and came away underwhelmed. [Jezebel]
- A new biography of William Golding, the author of Lord Of The Flies, tells that he tried to rape a 15-year-old girl as a teenager. The biography quoted from an unpublished memoir by Golding that the 14-year-old girl was “depraved by nature” and “sexy as an ape.” Fortunately, the youngster fended Golding off and ran away. Guardian UK—Yuck. It’s always a disappointment when you find out people whose works of art you enjoy were a-holes in real life.
- It ain’t over til the fat lady sings. Or until the thin, sexy hot girl sings, either! One opera critic is fretting that opera casting directors are favoring lithesome songbirds over divas with bigger waistlines. [Telegraph]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.