Quickies!: “Sherlock Holmes” Gets Pushed Back To 2010 — Maybe?
- Rumor has it, Brad Pitt will arrive in London tomorrow to begin shooting the role of Moriarty in Guy Ritchie’s “Sherlock Holmes.” This means the film’s release will be pushed back to 2010. But the film’s producers told Us Weekly that this report is false, and the flick is on schedule for a December 2009 release. We know where we stand — Jude Law, Robert Downey Jr. and Brad! This trifecta would definitely help Guy atone for his recent theater bombs.
- Gwyneth Paltrow was reportedly a terror on the set of “Iron Man 2,” according to a source, who added: “She’s just a step above professional, too snobby.” [Dlisted] — Someone felt threatened by Scarlett Johansson, I bet.
- Malia and Sasha Obama were fast-tracked into the Grand Canyon Jr. Rangers program because they only had one day to visit the national park while vacationing with their parents over the weekend. [TMZ] — Oh, the perks of being a first kid, but, then again, they probably have to pretend to like this stuff even if they’re not outdoorsy types.
- Check out photos from the “Mad Men” Times Square Bash last night. [TrèsSugar] — Who knew dressing like your favorite TV characters could be so much fun? Oh yeah, we did.
- Are you tired of fighting with your mate without any real resolution? Well then arm yourself with these nine statements the next time you go to war. [Your Tango] — Um, only eight of these apply to me because even when I’m wrong, I’m right … now if only my ex could understand that.
- Lisa Marsh’s American Fashion Cookbook attempts to dispel the myth that fashion types subsist on cigarettes, coffee, diet soda, champagne, chocolate, and coke. [Pipeline]