Lady News: Hotel Says Woman Was Negligent In Her Own Rape
- After a 40-year-old woman was sexually assaulted at gunpoint in the hotel’s parking garage in front of her two kids, Marriott Hotel & Spa in Stamford, CT, has responded to a lawsuit by the victim by saying she “failed to exercise due care for her own safety and the safety of her children and proper use of her senses and facilities.” The victim claimed her attacker, Gary Fricker, 56, had acted suspiciously in the hotel and garage for days prior to the attack, but the hotel says they had not been warned about any suspicious behavior by the man. [Greenwich Time]—This is an all-too-familiar story.
- A disabled woman in London, 22-year-old Riam Dean, has won her lawsuit against Abercrombie and Fitch. Dean, who has only one arm, said the store made her work in the stockroom, rather than on the floor with customers, because her disability did not fit with the brand’s image. The court found that A&F failed to comply with employment law, but did not actually discriminate against her for being disabled. [BBC]
- Nine women, some of whom allegedly worked as prostitutes, have disappeared from Rocky Mount, NC, since 2005. Six of their bodies have been found, but three are still missing, and police suspect a serial killer could be to blame. [Breitbart]—That’s food for thought in the debate about whether or not sex work should be legalized.
- A 16-year-old transgender teen in Spain is waiting for a judge to allow gender reassignment surgery so he can biologically become a she. Even though the teen’s parents are supportive of the surgery, Spanish law requires that a court give its blessing if the subject is under 18. [Guanabee]—Poor kid. It’s not fair that a court has to approve what she can do with her own body.
- Nancy Griffin, a North Carolina tennis player, is suing the city of Raleigh for $10,000 in a discrimination lawsuit because officials changed a rule penalizing players who refuse to play against others. Griffin alleged she is such an impressive player that the men refuse to play against her. [News & Observer]
- A Gallup poll of 1,006 Americans discovered 46 percent of adults identify themselves as “pro-choice,” 47 percent as “pro-life,” and seven percent said they had no opinion. [Gallup]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.