Brad Pitt For Mayor Of New Orleans?
Since Hurricane Katrina, Brad Pitt’s “Make it Right” foundation has helped so many New Orleans residents that folks are calling for him to run for mayor. Pitt says he doesn’t have a chance, explaining he’s running on the “gay marriage, no religion, legalization and taxation of marijuana platform.” Besides, politics isn’t his strong suit: “It’s not what I do best.” Looking good in a suit is. After the jump, actors-turned-politicians whose careers could give him some guidance in getting elected.
- Before he decided to run for President of the United States, Ronald Reagan was president of the Screen Actors Guild of America. Since Brad heads the “Make it Right” foundation, he can check leadership roles off his to-do list. Now, all he has to do is use those oratory skills he learned in acting school and make a rousing speech, like Reagan’s infamous “Time for Choosing” talk. [EW]
- Arnold Schwarzenegger may be California’s governor, but, to us, he still sounds like the Terminator. Luckily, Brad doesn’t have a goofy accent, so this shouldn’t be a problem. If Brad wants to be mayor, he’d better keep his politics and his acting far apart. We don’t want him freaking out, like Tyler Durden in “Fight Club,” every time someone disagrees with his policies.
- Minnesota Senator Al Franken was on “Saturday Night Live” before he became a political commentator. He’s written books like Rush Limbaugh Is a Big Fat Idiot and Other Observations. Note to Brad: humor helps. Be original, and don’t use any network taglines as the title of your book, like Franken did when he wrote Lies and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them: A Fair and Balanced Look at the Right. FOX filed a lawsuit. (They lost.)
- In 1986, Clint Eastwood became mayor of a small town in California called Carmel-by-the-Sea. Later, Clint’s buddy Arnold reappointed him to the California State Parks and Recreation Commission and the California Film Commission. It’s good to have friends in high places. Brad’s already buds with Obama. [BBC]
- Sonny “I’ve Got You Babe” Bono was mayor of Palm Springs before he was elected to the U.S. House of Representatives. We suggest Brad follow the advice Bono gave Newt Gingrich: “You need handlers. You need to understand what you’re doing. You need to understand the attitude of the media toward celebrities.” [HuffingtonPost]
Do you think Brad should run for mayor — or stick to the big screen?
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.