Quickies!: Natalie Portman To Produce “Booksmart” Comedy Series
- Natalie Portman will be producing a comedy called “Booksmart,” in which two highschool girls realize they’ve achieved everything they’ve wanted to in high school, except landing boyfriends. [Just Jared] – Sounds like the Harvard grad got some inspiration from her own life (except I doubt she has troubling attracting men anymore).
- JoJo may have taken a hiatus from the music industry, but that’s because she’s got other things on her mind – college! The 18 year-old will be heading to Northeastern this fall and will be majoring in Cultural Anthropology. [Starpulse] — Maybe those college guys will give her new material for a comeback album.
- After Self magazine editors altered the heck out of Kelly Clarkson’s cover photo to the point that she was almost unrecognizable, they tried to defend themselves. [Jezebel] – They weren’t so successful.
- According to a recent poll, 70 percent of Americans think women should take the last name of their husbands when they marry, and 50 percent think it should be illegal not to do so. [Feministing] – Excuse me?!
- Three bosses of Long Island bars were charged with forcing illegal immigrant waitresses to perform sex acts on their customers. [NY Daily News]
- Although summer is coming to an end, there’s one thing to look forward to: cozy oversized sweaters! [College Candy] — Make sure you stock up before the temperature drops.