How To Keep Your Makeup Fresh In the Heat
It is so god-awful hot these days that the short trip from home to the office generally leaves us sweat-drenched (no, not “dewy”). We used to delude ourselves into thinking that we’d make it to the office with a full face of makeup intact. As it turns out, that assumption was full on crazy. So in the interest of being realistic and not finding mascara drip mingling with our lipstick slippage, we’ve put together a fool-proof summer face plan. Here’s how to get it done…
- Wash your face and put on a light layer of oil-free moisturizer like this one from Kiehl’s.
- Pick up some waterproof concealer and use it under your zombie-fied eyes and on top of any blemishes. If you’re still feeling a tad sticky in the skin, try a sheer powder (like this one from Nars) on top. It may not make it all the way through the heat, but it’ll reduce shine and moisture for a little while.
- Draw a line of dark brown or charcoal grey liner above your upper lash line. Blend it in with your finger so as not to look like you’re ready to go to the club (or have been out dancing all night) unless, of course, that’s the look you’re going for.
- Apply one or two layers of waterproof or similar mascara. Even though it isn’t waterproof, we love Fiberwig for the heat because it stays put.
- Gloss those lips up rather than using lipstick, which is liable to be mushed around by your constant hand-to-face sweat removal. A pretty, light shade is best and safest.
- As a finishing touch, try a makeup spray like Skindinavia Dance!, which does a decent job of locking your look in place in spite of the ass nasty perspiration.