Along with harem pants, bubble shorts (also known as balloon, puff, and in some extreme cases, bloomer shorts) emerged as a major spring/summer trend. Circus pants, you say? Anne of Green Gables calling? Enough of that, and hear out our defense:
- As a summer item, bubble shorts are going on sale to make room for the fall merch, so you’ll find some good deals on designer versions (check out some picks after the jump).
- They are a bit of a statement item, but easily lend a sort of Chloe Sevigny-esque sensibility to an outfit (if you’re into that).
- A pair will make your legs look thinner. Believe us, we’ve witnessed the magic firsthand. However, these shorts might not be for the butt-conscious.
- Best of all, they’ll take you into fall. For a chic Parisian look, pair them with plum tights and a nice, suede booties. With a set of thick enough tights, they could even take you through winter.
Click through to see some choices, then you tell us if you’re feeling bubble shorts (errmmm, borts?)!
- Double bonus: Cute pleating make these Elizabeth & James shorts super smart, and they’re on sale. [$73.50, Shopbop.com]
- Alex Lane offers a range of colors including this pretty dusty rose. [$50, Shopbop.com]
- Covetable brand Opening Ceremony gives its elastic bloomers a higher waist, which begs for a cute shirt tucked in look. [$169.40, Lagarconne.com]