Target is turning many books from flops into best-sellers. Each month, a panel of employees gets together and chooses some books, often from little-known authors, to be a Target “Bookmarked Club Pick.” The books that are chosen are published in special Target editions, and the prices are slashed. The books are put on the ends of bookshelves so shoppers will notice them more. Turns out, Target is quite the trendsetter. People have begun snatching up their picks, some of which are books that, previously, no one gave a damn about. Check out some of their picks, after the jump.
- The Wednesday Sisters by Meg Waite Clayton
- Sarah’s Key by Tatiana de Rosnay
- The Secret Life of CeeCee Wilkes by Diane Chamberlain
- Still Alice by Lisa Genova
- The Year of Fog by Michelle Richmond
- Come Back by Claire and Mia Fontaine
Have you heard of any of these suckers? [NY Times]