Are they just giving away reality shows these days? Long-forgotten musicians, football players no one really cares about, an E! network host?! These people are not worthy of the average citizen’s 15 minutes, let alone a production company’s money. Seriously, TV executives are looking to the end of the F-list to find subjects for their latest shows. To prepare yourself for the absurdity that is currently, or will soon be, airing on a TV near you, here is a list of what executives have already green lit or will soon give the a-OK:
- ”The T.O. Show” follows football player Terrell Owens in his transition to a new team, the Buffalo Bills, and a new city, L.A. If that doesn’t quench your reality show appetite, I highly doubt the supporting cast of characters—like Owens’ publicists and best friends, Mo and Kita, or his bodyguard, Pablo—will do the trick, either. [VH1]
- Do the names Sandra Denton or Rozanda Thomas sound familiar? Didn’t think so. But you may remember the ladies by their hip-hop nicknames: Pepa of Salt-n-Pepa and Chilli from TLC. Well, famous or not, they’re both getting their own half-hour series on VH1 as they hunt for the men of their dreams.
- Giuliana Rancic, the host of “E! News,” is attempting to be an entertainer with her husband Bill, the winner of first season of “The Apprentice.” Un-be-liev-able. The host of a show no one watches and a reality star from over five years ago? The creatively titled “Giuliana & Bill” premieres on The Style Network in two weeks. What is my cable box coming to? [MyStyle]
- As if “Chaotic” wasn’t the worst thing to grace TV sets, now K-Fed wants to star in another reality series with his new girl, Victoria Prince. Please, please, please, please, please, please, please, TV executives, do not OK this! [NY Daily News]
- I don’t think Audrina Patridge did much on “The Hills,” but TV producer Mark Burnett (“Survivor,” “The Apprentince”) doesn’t seem to mind, because he’s backing her next endeavor, which is tentatively titled “The Audrina Show.” How. Freaking. Boring. [Entertainment Weekly]