It’s the middle of July and the heat is ON, but sadly, as lovely as summers are, they just don’t have the same kind of magic they did when we were kids, do they? Remember how endless the weeks between mid-June to mid-August used to seem? These days they fly by in a flash and it’s Fall before we’ve even had a chance to collect a single firefly in a jar. After the jump, 10 things I miss most about my summers past.
- Wearing a bathing suit (under clothes or by itself) all day every day (and not giving a crap about my thighs!).
- Popsicles for lunch.
- Watching back-to-back episodes of “You Can’t Do That On Television” every afternoon.
- Jelly shoes.
- Back-to-school shopping.
- Riding bikes around the neighborhood until 9 at night (well, okay, I can still do that…if I weren’t so lazy).
- Going to Grandma’s for a homemade fried chicken dinner.
- Cruising the mall for cute boys all afternoon.
- Growing a few inches (up, not out).
- Road trips with Mom and Dad back when I thought it was FUN to spend 14 consecutive hours in the car with them.
What do you miss about your childhood summers?