10 Reasons Why Being Brunette Is Awesome
The editors of Harper’s Bazaar had an interesting idea for their August issue—get Lauren Conrad to sport a brunette wig for 24 hours. Not sure what the point of this was exactly—did they intend it as a prank or some lame-o social experiment? In the end, the California girl totally wasn’t feeling her brown hair, even though I think it looked kind of fantastic. “Day to day, I can only do blonde. Everything else makes me look sort of plain-Jane,” she told People.
Wait, being brunette makes you a plain Jane? God, I am so over this whole blondes-have-more-fun thing. Here are ten reasons why I’m a happy card-carrying member of the brunette club…
- Roots are not an issue.
- A study by Garnier done earlier this year revealed that brunettes are twice as likely as their blonde counterparts to earn more than $65K a year. [Mom Logic]
- You look great in jewel tones like bright blue, green, and red. Pastels have never been my thing.
- We get to claim cool-girl beauty icons like Elizabeth Taylor, Katherine Hepburn, Thandie Newton, Mary Louise Parker, and Zooey Deschanel.
- Speaking of, most of the world’s most famous blondes—Marilyn Monroe, Bridget Bardot, Pamela Anderson, and, uh, Lauren Conrad—would be brunette without hair dye.
- Two words: serious shine! Also, brunettes tend to have fuller, thicker hair. Yes, I just sounded like a shampoo commercial.
- People tend to take you more seriously, because of the old (though admittedly totally untrue) blondes are dumb, brunettes are smarties stereotype.
- James Bond prefers brunettes. [Telegraph]
- Seventy one percent of guys say brunettes would make better wives. Not that I think this is true, but it’s an interesting perception. [Softpedia]
- We save a ton of money and time not going to the salon for highlights and bleaching. So technically, we do end up having more fun.