White Eyeshadow Provides Instant Rest For The Weary
During the recent couture week in Paris, designer Elie Saab showed an entirely white collection, which included matte ivory eyeshadow surrounding the models’ eyes. Sure, they looked a little like aliens or the White Witch from The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, but I tried out some of the stuff, and without any coaxing, my friends started complimenting me on how fresh and awake I looked.
If you’d prefer more of a fairy goddess look than extreme runway style, follow Lily Allen’s lead and use a shimmering white. Whether you want to surround your eyes like she did or just apply a smidge on your lid is your call.
- Eye Shadow in Gesso, $14.50, MAC Cosmetics
- Mr. Frosty Pearly White Eye Pencil, $15 on sale, Benefit Cosmetics
- Wet ‘n’ Wild MegaShimmer Shimmer Dust in White Lotus, $2.99, Drugstore.com
- Revlon Matte Luxurious Color Kohl Eyeliner in Pure White, $9.99, Walgreens
- Eye Shadow in Moonlight, $18, Stila Cosmetics