During the recent couture week in Paris, designer Elie Saab showed an entirely white collection, which included matte ivory eyeshadow surrounding the models’ eyes. Sure, they looked a little like aliens or the White Witch from The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, but I tried out some of the stuff, and without any coaxing, my friends started complimenting me on how fresh and awake I looked.
If you’d prefer more of a fairy goddess look than extreme runway style, follow Lily Allen’s lead and use a shimmering white. Whether you want to surround your eyes like she did or just apply a smidge on your lid is your call.
- Eye Shadow in Gesso, $14.50, MAC Cosmetics
- Mr. Frosty Pearly White Eye Pencil, $15 on sale, Benefit Cosmetics
- Wet ‘n’ Wild MegaShimmer Shimmer Dust in White Lotus, $2.99, Drugstore.com
- Revlon Matte Luxurious Color Kohl Eyeliner in Pure White, $9.99, Walgreens
- Eye Shadow in Moonlight, $18, Stila Cosmetics