Natalie Portman has been cast as the female lead in “Thor,” an adaptation of the comic book about the Norse god of thunder. In the film, which will begin shooting next year and hit theaters in May 2010, she’ll play Jane Foster, a nurse who became Thor’s first love. Natalie herself has won the hearts of men of all types with her choice of roles over the years. It seems that with every movie, she captivates another man-genre. With “Thor,” it’s comic book nerds. But who else has become enamored with her? Let’s take a look.
- “The Other Boleyn Girl”: History buffs, guys with a thing for corsets
- “Mr. Magorium’s Wonder Emporium”: Men with Peter Pan syndrome
- “The Darjeeling Limited”/”Hotel Chevalier”: Wannabe filmmakers, nerdy indie guys who worship Wes Anderson, Jason Schwartzman, and custom Louis Vuitton luggage
- “Paris, Je T’Aime”: Frenchmen
- “V for Vendetta”: Graphic novel lovers, men who secretly crush on Sinead O’Connor, conspiracy theorists
- “Star Wars: Episodes I through III”: Men who had Yoda Page-a-Day calendars growing up
- “Closer”: Guys who subscribe to The New Yorker
- “Garden State”: Emo dudes who can’t figure out what to do with their lives but think dating a quirky girl will help them find themselves
- “The Professional”: Pedophiles, movie snobs
What type of guys has she left out? Potheads. We expect her to take part in a movie that appeals to the stoner group very soon. Judd Apatow, are you listening?