Oh Lindsay Lohan, how brightly your star once shined. Once the dubbed The Next Big Thing, Lohan is shilling for a supposedly stolen tanning lotion and appearing in made for TV movies. How did it all happen? We chart Lohan’s career highs and lows, after the jump!Sudden Superstar!
- Got her first big break, playing Alexandra “Alli” Fowler on “Another World,” where she delivered more dialogue than any other 10-year-old on a soap opera EVER.
- A slew of hit movies! “The Parent Trap,” “Mean Girls,” and “Freaky Friday” clean up, big time.
- “Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen”
- First to get her own “My Scene Goes Hollywood” Barbie doll in 2005
- During the filming of “Herbie: Fully Loaded,” cameras stopped rolling because Lohan claimed to be exhausted, but she continued to party, shop, and travel. At the same time, she was also recording her first album and broke up with Wilmer Valderrama, her first serious, high-profile romance.
- Speak, her first album, released in 2004, may have been a hit with fans, but was a complete stinker with the critics.
- Her second album, A Little More Personal (Raw), was released and Lohan directed, um, herself, in the video for “Confessions of a Broken Heart (Daughter to Father)” about the pain she says her father caused the family.
- “Just My Luck,” was Lohan’s first romantic comedy, and during filming she appeared very sick and thin. She refused to get a physical for insurance purposes until the studio threatened to replace her. In the end, the film got poor reviews and only made $38 million worldwide.
- She appeared in two independent films, “A Prairie Home Companion” and “Bobby,” which got mixed reviews, but made very little money.
- A letter sent to Lohan from a studio executive behind her film, “Georgia Rule,” was made public. It detailed her continued lack of professionalism and partying lifestyle.
- Lohan entered rehab for the first time in January 2007 and withdrew from the film version of Oscar Wilde’s “A Woman of No Importance” and “The Edge Of Love.”
- In May 2007, Lohan was arrested for a DUI and police found a usable amount of cocaine on her. She then entered Promises Treatment Centers for 45 days.
- Lohan was arrested again in July 2007 for another DUI, after she was seen chasing her assistant in a car. She was also busted for cocaine.
- Lohan entered Cirque Lodge Treatment Center in August 2009 and was discharged in October. She pled guilty to cocaine use and a DUI. She was sentenced to one day in jail and 10 days community service, had to pay hefty fines, complete an alcohol education program and was placed on three years probation.
- Her stripper film, “I Know Who Killed Me,” won two Golden Raspberry Awards. Meanwhile, a studio head said Lohan was unemployable because insurance costs are too high to hire her.
- Lohan was originally supposed to appear on multiple episodes of “Ugly Betty,” but the role was cut down supposedly because of a feud with star America Ferrera.
- Throughout all of this, Lohan was in a torrid relationship with Samantha Ronson. The twosome was known for public fighting and their many breakups were fodder for the tabloids and gossip sites. In an attempt to seem above the frey, Lohan made a Funny of Die video about their breakup, which spoofed the popular eHarmony ads.
- Lohan offered to campaign for Obama, but was denied access.
- Surprise! Her 6126 leggings line was a hit!
- Lohan’s most recent flick, “Labor Pains,” was slated to be released in U.S. theaters, but instead will be shown on TV on July 19th.
- Lohan appeared in Fornarina’s Spring/Summer 2009 campaign. That brand is still around?
- Lohan was sued for allegedly stealing the formula for her Sevin Nyne self-tanner line. Yes, she has one.
- Lohan criticized, via Twitter, the French store Colette for selling William Rast, calling it a Macy’s brand. She then had to apologize because her leggings are sold at Macy’s. Oops.
Starting To Fade