Beer may be a great American product, but maybe this 4th of July, you want something a little classier to accompany your cookout. Try this champagne cocktail, which gets it’s pink hue from a dash of crème de cassis, and a fruity kick from triple sec infused berries.
- 2 cups mixed berries (blueberries, raspberries)
- Juice of one lemon
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup triple sec or Cointreau
- Crème de cassis (a blackcurrent liqueur)
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix berries with lemon, sugar, and triple sec. Cover and let sit in the fridge for at least two hours; the longer, the more flavorful the berry.
- After berries have marinated, strain the juice (you can save it to add a splash to your drink if you like), and spread berries on a baking sheet. Freeze until hard, usually one hour.
- Fill glass with champagne, then add a dash of cassis. Don’t mix the beverage, but let the liqueur settle in the bottom of the glass. Add a handful of the frozen berries to keep cold.
- Feel patriotic, if you must.