Quickies!: Man Puts A Ring On It During Beyonce Concert
- During her concert, Beyonce gave her microphone to an audience member so he could propose to his girlfriend. He said, “Beyonce, you told me if I like it, I need to put a ring on it,” and then got down on one knee to ask his girlfriend to marry him. She said yes. [Radar] — Much better than proposing over Twitter.
- Hilary Duff is reportedly joining the cast of “Gossip Girl” next season. She will be playing Olivia Burke, “a movie star who enrolls at NYU in search of a traditional college experience.” [Entertainment Weekly] — I think I’ve heard that story before… [Hilary needs all the career help she can get. -- Ed.]
- Hayden Panettiere bares all in “I Love You, Beth Cooper.” At age 20, she says, “I might as well show it now!” [PopEater] — Some are calling her baring-all brave, while others are a bit surprised. I’m not.
- According to a recent study, men and women disagree when it comes to what constitutes sex. What’s your definition? [Lemondrop]
- Sometimes you can take something bad and turn it into something good. For example, we can learn a lot from the illicit love letter Governor Sanford wrote during his forbidden liason. [Your Tango] — Sanford could learn something too: not to use e-mail for affairs.
- A new study found that those who marry are twice as likely to become obese as those who are just dating; after tying the knot, many just “let themselves go.” [Tres Sugar] — Not to sound shallow, but if my hubby poofs up to obesity size after we say our I Do’s, the only one who will be “going” is him!