According to Amazon, Kate Gosselin’s new book Love Is In The Mix: Making Meals Into Memories was supposed to be available on October 13. But now it looks like it’s going to be a little longer before anyone can snag a copy. It took seven days after Jon and Kate’s “surprise” announcement for Christian publisher Zondervan to realize that a cookbook filled with pictures of the happy family and advice on how to make lasting family memories didn’t quite fit the Gosselin’s current public image. Which is why Zondervan has pumped the brakes on the project and will work with Kate on revising the book for a later release date. To help speed up the process, here are a few pieces of Kate’s book I’d like to highlight for revision. [People]
- Kate should probably start with the back cover, which describes the Gosselins as “one of America’s most close-knit families.”
- She should also double check to make sure that her advice on “how to feed a large family on a budget” includes: Get your own reality show.
- Will the section about “making mealtimes memorable” include those times the kids slurped their spaghetti quietly while mommy and daddy fought in front of the camera?
- Take out the photos of Jon and Kate looking happy together – might confuse readers, especially after reading Us Weekly.
- Add a disclaimer at the end explaining why Kate is fit to write a happy family advice and cookbook. I think the people want to know.
- Change the line where Kate admits she is not a chef, since “real cooks don’t use recipes.”
- Hire Martha Stewart to fact-check Kate’s “nutritious recipes.” People have already started bashing Kate for swiping her ideas off of boxes and magazines. Maybe she asked Elisabeth Hasselbeck for research tips?
This is the third book from the Gosselin parents—Kate is also the author of Eight Little Faces and Jon penned Multiple Bles8ings: Surviving to Thriving with Twins and Sextuplets. This makes me a little worried that each kid will write at least one memoir when they grow up. Sheesh, we’ll have to start a special Gosselin library.