Waterproof Makeup That Will Stay Put!
Summer is fabulous, but while we love splashing around under the hot sun, the makeup on our faces does not. If you’re going to wear makeup to the beach, you better be sure it’s going to stay on. There’s nothing more unattractive, or uncomfortable, than dripping mascara, caked concealer, and sticky lip gloss smearing all over your face.To help you out, here’s a list of our top water-friendly makeup picks, all of which will keep you looking fresh and fabulous, even while riding the waves. Hang ten to that!
- Benetint This paint-on color functions as both a cheek and lip stain. It gives a natural looking flush, and not only is it waterproof, it’s kiss-proof too! [$28, Benefit]
- Powerpoint Eye Pencil This long-lasting liner comes in a rainbow of shimmering colors, and it’s perfect for summer splashing…or a depressing movie. [$14.50, MAC Cosmetics]
- Lights, Camera, Splashes! Waterproof Mascara Like the decorative packaging implies, this mascara is great for the beach. It lengthens, strengthens, and is completely water-resistant. Even the name has me hooked. [$18, Tarte]
- Lip Markers The only thing more fun than drawing is drawing on your face. These adorable, mango-scented markers will leave a long-lasting stain on your pout. Increase the color by adding extra coats. [$1 on sale, Sephora]
- Waterproof Cream Eye Shadow If you’re into metallic makeup and riding waves, this creamy, waterproof eyeshadow was made for you. It goes on smooth and sheer and then lasts for hours. [$28.50, YSL, Barney’s New York]
- Maybelline Cover Stick Waterproof Concealer What’s grosser than pimples? Cakey, runny concealer trying (and failing) to cover them up. Whether you’re engaging in a little exercise or swimming in the ocean, this waterproof concealer stick delivers smoothly blended, long-lasting results. [$4.99, Maybeline, Drugstore.com]
- Jet Set Waterproof Eyeliner This purple eye-popping liner is perfect for the summer because it’s colorful, shimmery, and stays put in H20! [$22, Smashbox]