Last night I watched Tyler Perry’s “Why Did I Get Married?” for the first time. (I know, I’m a little late, but I didn’t want to get hit over the head with religious talk, as Perry is known for.) It was an entertaining movie, but what really stuck out to me was the theory of the “80/20 Rule,” which I had never heard of. The rule says that men can have a wife or girlfriend who fulfills 80 percent of his needs, but he’ll go looking for someone else to make up the remaining 20 percent. He’ll leave the woman who takes care of him because the chick on the side is more exciting, sexual, and basically new. But soon after, the man will realize the 20 percent he has now pales in comparison to the 80 percent he already had. In a quest to have 100 percent of his needs fulfilled, he ends up with less than when he started. This kind of reminds me of the idea that twentysomethings are too narcissistic to find a mate — supposedly, we want all or nothing in a mate. Do you think there’s any validity to the 80/20 Rule? And does it apply to women too?
|Check Out Beyonce's Bikini-Filled, Jamaican Vacation Photos – CELEBUZZ|
|13 Celebrities Who Have Posed Nude For Ad Campaigns – StyleCaster|
|15 Worst Reactions to Pregnancy Announcements – The Stir|
|Does Liking Lesbian Porn Make Me a Lesbian? Ask A Slut! – College Candy|
|Miley Cyrus And Demi Lovato Pressured Joe Jonas To Smoke Weed?! – Celeb Dirty Laundry|
|8 Secrets Real Women Hide From Their Men – Your Tango|