10 Songs About Lesbians That We Actually Like
Guys who go on and on and on about lady-love are so annoying. They’re lesbians, dude—they’re NOT going to be into you. The latest annoyance? “Girl Gotta Girlfriend” by the rappers Mams Taylor, Snoop Dogg and Bobby Valentino (listen above!), about a man with a girlfriend who tries to bring home a second woman for the night. Aren’t these lyrics touching?
“My girlfriend kissing on her girlfriend / They getting real naughty/ My money is cool, but I’d rather have you and my girlfriend running around my crib naked.”
The lesbian blog AfterEllen.com flipped ‘em a big gay bird, saying:
“Lesbians: We are just here for your pleasure. Do you have money and some champagne and a hotel room? Just tell us where and when!”
Yawn, enough with songs by heterosexual dudes about how great it would be to bang two women at once. There’s plenty of songs out there about real girl/girl relationships by Ani DiFranco, t.A.T.u, Jill Sobule, Le Tigre and a bunch of others. And a few fun ones by Lady GaGa and Katy Perry. Go cuddle up with your gal pal and take a listen.
- “Us girls we are so magical/Soft skin, red lips, so kissable/Hard to resist so touchable/Too good to deny it/Ain’t no big deal, it’s innocent”—Katy Perry, “I Kissed A Girl”
- “I won’t tell you that I love you/Kiss or hug you/Cause I’m bluffin’ with my muffin/I’m not lying I’m just stunnin’ with my love-glue-gunning.”—Lady GaGa, “Pokerface
- “Wanna fly her away where the sun and rain/Come in over my face, wash away all the shame/When they stop and stare – don’t worry me/’Cause I’m feeling for her what she’s feeling for me.”—t.A.T.u, “All The Things She Said”
- “For the first time/I kissed a girl/And I may do it again/I kissed a girl/I kissed a girl.”—Jill Sobule, “I Kissed A Girl”
- “Guess there’s something wrong with me/Guess I don’t fit in/no one wants to touch it/no one knows where to begin/I’ve got more than one membership to more than one club/and I owe my life to the people that I love.”—Ani DiFranco, “In Or Out”
- “This is where I want to live/right here between your hips/where all the love you hold and hide/it’s where it lives/right here between your hips/this is where I want to live/it’s where all the love you give exists.”—Melissa Ferrick, “Drive”
- “I gotta cover my butt ‘cuz i covet another man’s wife/I got to divide my emotions between wrong and right/then I get to see how close I can get to it without giving in/ then I get to rub up against it till I break the skin.”—Ani DiFranco, “Shameless”
- “She’s a rocker dressed like a killer/she’s got lips like wine not sugar/I’m running running into timing/got a watch it’s stuck in shining/she’s so lovely yeah she’s so lovely yeah.”—The Butchies, “She’s So Lovely”
- “There’s a girl, her lips have never seen/She comes up, dances on me/I look into her eyes/I say “Hey, you’re not a dyke”/She says I call it climbing and you call it visibility/I call it coolness and you call it visibility/I call it way too rowdy you call it finally free.”—Le Tigre, “Viz”
- “You let all my friends come over and eat/And you were so strange/You didn’t have the decency to change the sheets/Oh girl, when you were mine/I use to let you wear all my clothes/You were so fine.”—Cyndi Lauper, “When You Were Mine”