Twitter Tirades: Stars — They Tweet Like Us!
Reading celebrity Twitters is like flipping to US Weekly‘s “They’re Just Like Us!” section. They whine about bad TV, do battle with technology, and wonder what other people think of them. This week, Nicole Richie’s Blackberry broke, John Mayer was busy, James Franco saw “Star Trek”, Samantha Ronson watched MTV, Karl Lagerfeld tried to make us feel better about buying his clothes, and Mindy Kaling may or may not have gone to Paris for a boob job.
- Nicole Richie (@nicolerichie): “Ugh my blackberry broke. I have no form of communication. Gonna stand on Sunset Blvd all night and see if I can make some friends” [Twitter] — In unrelated news, Nicole Richie was picked up on Sunset for suspected prostitution. Just kidding. But wouldn’t that be funny?
- James Franco (@Jamesfrnco): “‘Are you out of your Vulcan mind?!’ ha ha HA! … definitely a good movie. Kinda wish I could’ve landed that Spock role though… :/” [Twitter] — Swoon. I wish he landed every role and they had just put wigs on him to play different characters.
- Samantha Ronson (@samantharonson): “never again will i complain about mtv not actually playing music videos because when they do- well-let’s just say i’d prefer hills re-runs.” [Twitter] — I’m not sure if this is commentary on “The Hills” or on the state of music today, but I’m afraid I have to agree that watching videos all day isn’t as fun as it was circa “Beavis and Butthead.
- Karl Lagerfeld (@Karl_Lagerfeld): “Guilty feelings about clothes are totally unnecessary. A lot of people earn their living by making clothes, so you should never feel bad.” [Twitter] — Yeah, of course you want us to believe that! It’s hard not to get buyer’s remorse after putting down 2Gs for a Chanel jacket.
- Mindy Kaling (@mindykaling): “How do I go to Paris solo without making it look like I’m leaving town for a boob job? (I will be getting a boob job).” [Twitter] — Is that where people with money go to get boob jobs, Paris? Ooh la la, how we love Mindy from “The Office!”
- John Mayer (@johncmayer): “Sorry, super busy today. Pretend I tweeted something zany, then something alienating, then wrote something sweet and brought it back around.” [Twitter] — I know everyone thinks Mayer’s a douchebag, but he is so right-on in the twitterverse. If there was a twitter prom, he’d be king.