11 Reasons Facebook Is Really Dead
A new Vatican website, Pope 2 You, has launched, and on it you’ll find an application called “The pope meets you on Facebook.” Yes, the pope is on Facebook. The Vatican is using social networking tools in an attempt to reach young believers. But you can’t “poke” him or write on his wall, so what’s the point? Lately, we’ve been asking the same thing about Facebook in general. After the jump, 11 reasons why Facebook is really dead.
- The Pope is on it.
- And so are your parents and relatives you’d rather not know
- Facebook viruses are rampant
- The photos are too common
- Holocaust-deniers and other offensive groups have profiles
- Stupid quizzes are annoying — the “What Is Your Secret Fetish?” test puts a cup of urine on your page if your result is “urophilia” — TMI!
- It makes online stalking too easy and we’re trying to break that habit
- Your partner can dump you just by changing their relationship status
- Twitter has made status updates obsolete
- No one actually reads your Facebook invitations
- It’s the very definition of a fad