Look outside, people. It’s summer. Which means—SUMMER MOVIES! Forget the recession. This summer is bringing us some of the most epic movies ever made. Already, Hollywood is whipping out the big guns with “X-Men Origins: Wolverine” and “Star Trek,” but don’t fret. There’s lots more flicks to come. After the jump, a look at this summer’s theater fare by the numbers.
- 2. The number of movies that have featured Abraham Lincoln and Napoleon. The first was “Bill & Ted’s Excellent Adventure.” The second: this summer’s “Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian.” [IMDB]
- 8. The amount in millions that the screenwriters of “Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen” banked for their work. [LATimes]
- 1996. The year in which “Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince” is set. In the film, the Millennium Bridge collapsed, but that bridge was built in 2000. [IMDB]
- 150. The number of minutes that Judd Apatow‘s “Funny People” will run . [MTV News] — We’ll look forward to the DVD extras of Seth Rogan and Adam Sandler.
- 2006. The year Defamer joked the title for Sacha Baron Cohen‘s “Brüno” would be “Bruno: Delicious Journeys Through America for the Purpose of Making Heterosexual Males Visibly Uncomfortable in the Presence of a Gay Foreigner in a Mesh T-Shirt.” Many websites are still reporting this is the title. [IMDB]
- 524. The number of Julia Child recipes completed by writer Julie Powell on her blog and in her book Julie and Julia: 365 Days, 524 Recipes, 1 Tiny Apartment Kitchen. It’s been made into “Julie and Julia,” starring Meryl Streep and Amy Adams. [Serious Eats]
- 20. The number of years director Stephen Sommers thinks it’ll be until we see in reality the kind of weaponry depicted in “G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra.” [IMDB] — He swears he’s done the research!
- 3. The number of dimensions in which “Final Destination: Death Trip” will be shown. [IMDB] — In other words, it’s 3D.
- 185. The amount in millions allotted for the making of “Terminator Salvation.” [TerminatorFiles] — That includes digitally inserting old footage of Arnold Schwarzenegger.
Happy popcorn munching! Make sure to get the seeds outta your teeth.
What summer movie are you most excited about?