What’s even better than awesome? Kick awesome! Kris Allen uses the catch phrase to describe his run on “Idol.” But who is this fresh-faced cutie that might be the dark horse contender of the season? Evidently, the nicest, most “aww, shucks,” most bring-home-to-mom dude on the planet.
- Family Man: This 26-year-old Southern boy is originally from Arkansas and tried out for “AI” in Louisville with his brother. Even though brother Daniel, a college cheerleader, didn’t make the cut, the two remain tight. Not everyone can be a star, right? [WNEP] — Daniel, are you as cute as Kris and S-I-N-G-L-E perhaps?
- Man on a Mission: Before Kris received the worship of screaming fans, he was leading services at the New Life Church and at University of Central Arkansas’ Chi Alpha Campus Ministries. [About.com] — While competitor Adam Lambert was out shopping and painting his nails, Kris was traveling to Spain, Morocco, Thailand, Burma, Mozambique and South Africa on missionary trips.
- Guitar Hero: While on a trip to a refugee camp in Thailand, Kris gave away his prized possession, a $700 Takamine guitar, to a girl at church. Why? He noticed her guitar wasn’t compatible with the amp, preventing the many refugees from hearing her sing. [About.com] — My heart is kind of melting.
- Mr. Monogamy: Before you start professing your love for cutie Kris, I should probably remind you that he is married to his high school sweetheart, Katy. This sickeningly cute couple has been together for seven years. [Zap2It] — Darn it!
- Frenemies?: Could the rumors be true that roomies Kris Allen and Adam Lambert are feuding? [National Ledger] — Whether they’re fighting about the competition (the judges are all over front-runner Adam), about cleaning their room (Lambert is reportedly a slob while Allen is a neat freak), or about religious morals (let’s just say one of them might not be into Christianity), sorry to say, Paula, that, in this case, opposites do not attract.