Kris Allen Of “American Idol” Is Kick Awesome
What’s even better than awesome? Kick awesome! Kris Allen uses the catch phrase to describe his run on “Idol.” But who is this fresh-faced cutie that might be the dark horse contender of the season? Evidently, the nicest, most “aww, shucks,” most bring-home-to-mom dude on the planet.
- Family Man: This 26-year-old Southern boy is originally from Arkansas and tried out for “AI” in Louisville with his brother. Even though brother Daniel, a college cheerleader, didn’t make the cut, the two remain tight. Not everyone can be a star, right? [WNEP] — Daniel, are you as cute as Kris and S-I-N-G-L-E perhaps?
- Man on a Mission: Before Kris received the worship of screaming fans, he was leading services at the New Life Church and at University of Central Arkansas’ Chi Alpha Campus Ministries. [About.com] — While competitor Adam Lambert was out shopping and painting his nails, Kris was traveling to Spain, Morocco, Thailand, Burma, Mozambique and South Africa on missionary trips.
- Guitar Hero: While on a trip to a refugee camp in Thailand, Kris gave away his prized possession, a $700 Takamine guitar, to a girl at church. Why? He noticed her guitar wasn’t compatible with the amp, preventing the many refugees from hearing her sing. [About.com] — My heart is kind of melting.
- Mr. Monogamy: Before you start professing your love for cutie Kris, I should probably remind you that he is married to his high school sweetheart, Katy. This sickeningly cute couple has been together for seven years. [Zap2It] — Darn it!
- Frenemies?: Could the rumors be true that roomies Kris Allen and Adam Lambert are feuding? [National Ledger] — Whether they’re fighting about the competition (the judges are all over front-runner Adam), about cleaning their room (Lambert is reportedly a slob while Allen is a neat freak), or about religious morals (let’s just say one of them might not be into Christianity), sorry to say, Paula, that, in this case, opposites do not attract.