Susan Boyle Dreamed A Dream. Five Facts About The “Britain’s Got Talent” Sensation.
Susan Boyle didn’t look like much when she stepped to the microphone on “Britain’s Got Talent,” the UK version of “American Idol.” Her hair’s wack, her brows need plucking, and she did a tummy wiggle dance that was just not becoming. But once she opened her mouth, even Meanasaurus Rex Simon Cowell got teary over her flawless rendition of “I’ve Dreamed A Dream.” Show em’ how it’s done, old girl! First, click here to watch her audition.
Now, who is exactly is Susan Boyle? Peep five facts:
- She’s 47 years old and grew up in West Lothian, Scotland.
- She lives in the same house that she and her eight brothers and sisters grew up in. She even sleeps in the same room.
- She’s never so much as been kissed. “If someone even pecked me on the cheek, it would be nice, but I’ve never even got that close,” says Susan. “My parents didn’t want me to have boyfriends, so I’ve never been on a date. I’ve had crushes, but I’ve never been in love. I suppose I’ve accepted it’s never going to happen.” [Daily Mirror]
- She has a 10-year-old cat named Pebbles. [MSNBC]
- Her mother kept asking her to audition for “Britain’s Got Talent.” When her mother died in 2007 at age 91, Susan says, “I realized I wanted to make her proud of me and the only way to do that was to take the risk and enter the show.”
All we can say is we are so rooting for you, Sue.