On Tuesday, “American Idol” contestant Adam Lambert dramatically belted out “Mad World” by Tears for Fears, a performance so good he knocked stone cold Simon Cowell onto his feet. Cowell actually gave him a standing ovation, saying, “Words aren’t necessary but I’m going to give you a standing ovation.” Woah! We got the DL on Simon’s new fave.
- Drama Queen: Lambert is 26 and hails from Hollywood (big surprise). He is one of those singing, dancing, acting types. As a child he used to play dress up and didn’t like sports. There is a lot of speculation on gossip sites about whether he’s gay. [Inquisitr] — I think if you watch just one of his performances you’ll have your own theory.
- Shop-a-holic: If Adam had 24 hours to do anything he would go on an “all expenses paid shopping spree.” [American Idol] — That’s right Adam! Eff traveling, bungee jumping, visiting someone cool…BUYING stuff it really what it’s all about.
- Fan Boy: Adam went to his first concert when he was 10 and guess who he saw? Paula Abdul! He totally mentioned this at his audition. [American Idol] — Suck up much?
- News Idol?: Last month on “The Tonight Show,” Simon said he favors Adam to win. [L.A. Times] — This sort of means a lot since Simon is the, uh, judge. If Adam becomes famous he can make enough money to go on a shopping spree! Like OMG!!! That money would be better spent on books.
- WannaB(owi)e: In an interview with MTV in February, Adam said he wants to emulate David Bowie’s music career. [MTV] — Sorry Adam, but David Bowie is way more badass than you. If this little gothic rocker wants to be a great musician, he should stop dressing like those kids who hang out in the arcade at the mall and start singing real music.