With our very own Topshop store (finally!) upon us when the New York City location on April 2, a few tidbits on the UK retailer to beef up your High Street IQ…
- Cool factor…check! Topshop epitomizes that great London street style mixed with clever basics. Plus, it’s wildly affordable.
- Exclusively England. Lindsay Lohan, Keira Knightley, Kate Bosworth, Mariah Carey and Gwyneth Paltrow have all been outed as Topshop fans—previously, fashionistas only were able to pick up the clothes in the UK, lending a sort of in-the-know, travelers-only, haute-ness to the clothes.
- The man in charge. The owner of the British retail companies Bhs and the Arcardia Group (which includes our dear, beloved, Topshop) is Sir Philip Green—the flamboyant retail magnate is Britian’s seventh richest man and has about 2,300 retail shops in the UK.
- Miss Moss hearts NY: The downtown Manhattan Topshop will feature a Kate Moss boutique for the model’s clothing line, which is produced four times a year and will soon include lingerie. Oh, and there’ll also be new collections by insidery British designers like Jonathan Saunders and Preen!
- Party on: Sir Phil G. is doing massive coming out party in honor of his U.S. invasion: A celebratory dinner at fancy restaurant, Balthazar, followed by performances at NYC’s most chichi burlesque club, The Box. The Rapture and the Misshapes are due to provide the music—and it’s rumored Mark Ronson will be, too. Oh and Lady Gaga is supposedly set to perform, if you listen to the rumors. [TopShop U.S.]