Sliding Scale: Espadrille Wedges, Floral Tops, & Trench Coats
We’re stoked that espadrilles are making a big comeback this season because they’re the ultimate multi-purpose shoe. They’re the sort of dress-up/dress-down accessory that works particularly well with jeans and simple dresses. We’re loving the candy-colored varieties that are popping up all over stores, that add an extra zing to your spring.
- This sweet criss-cross strap slims and flatters the ankles. [$170, Bettye Muller, NeimanMarcus.com]
- We love the retro feel of this peep-toe sandal. [$69, Victoria’s Secret, VictoriasSecret.com]
- Satin fabric and a flower detail lend a classy touch to these shoes. [$60, J. Crew, JCrew.com]
- Patent leather makes the pretty colors of these espadrilles shine. [$24, Newport News, Newport-News.com]
Maybe it’s just us, but the first signs of spring make us bananas for bright colors and lightweight fabrics. Get your fix with a floral print blouse which will look great under a blazer while it’s still a bit chilly, or paired with shorts and sandals when higher temperatures settle in.
- The 3/4 sleeves on the sweet top are perfect for spring and summer. [$1,160, Roberto Cavalli, Net-A-Porter.com]
- The vibrant colors of this the flowered blouse will make you a standout. [$360, See by Chloé, Tobi.com]
- We love the folksy-ness of this stylishly comfy shirt. [$178, Steven Alan, StevenAlan.com]
- You’ll inspire romance in this sexy peasant blouse. [$49.50, Victoria’s Secret, VictoriasSecret.com]
One good thing about a recession might be a return to classic dressing. If you’re watching your budget, think about investing in pieces with staying power–like a basic trench coat. A good Burberry trench will never go out of style and comes back with spring, but you can also get the same chic aesthetic with these picks:
- We heart the length and lightweight feel of this trench. [$358, Juicy Couture, RevolveClothing.com]
- This could almost be worn as a dress with its tie-waist detail. [$128, Jones New York, Nordstrom.com]
- The vertical buttons and perfect camel color make the affordability of this coat extra awesome. [$98, Samantha Pleet for Urban Outfitters, UrbanOutfitters.com]
- This no-iron piece is ideal for traveling. [$49.50, Old Navy, OldNavy.com]