Five Things To Know About Kelly Killoren Bensimon (Before You Decide To Hate Her)
So the bitch factor has been turned WAY up with the addition of socialite and “fabulousity-crowd” lover Kelly Killoren Bensimon on “The Real Housewives of New York City.” Thanks to last night’s episode, we already know annoying/insecure Bethenny hates her guts, but the mannish model/equestrian managed to make the rest of the “Housewives” think she’s a total tool by refusing to participate in Jill’s charity. Is Kelly trying to steal C(o)untess LuAnn’s crown or is she just being given a hard time because she’s the newbie on the show? Perhaps a little digging will reveal the real Kelly….
1. She married her way to pseudo-fame. She’s the third wife (or should we say, third ex-wife) of renowned fashion photog, Gilles Bensimon. Gilles is no slouch—he’s the International Creative Director of ELLE, has photographed top models (Christy, Claudia, Cindy, Naomi) and is the photographer the winner of “America’s Next Top Model” gets to shoot with. Oh and his second wife was Elle MacPherson. So when Kelly says she makes money by “writing for articles,” she really means she’s making her just for fun money.
2. She’s a doting mommy. By all accounts she’s a good mom to her two daughters: Sea Louise, 10, and Tadeus “Teddy” Ann, 7. She even once hired Woody Allen’s pricey former “super-nanny.” As Kelly said, “This woman is amazing—like the child whisperer. She is teaching me about boundaries and how to talk to the girls so that we’re on the same wavelength.”
3. Facebook Facts. On her Facebook profile, the Taurus lists herself as both Catholic (she often wears a cross necklace) and a conservative. And even though she’s a Columbia grad, she’s a fan of low-brow movies like “White Chicks.”
4. She can still rock a bikini at almost 40. A former swimmer and avid equestrian, Kelly is F-I-T—as Ramona said Kelly’s back is bigger than most men’s. She once showed up at Heidi Klum’s annual Halloween party in nothing but a fur bikini. (What was her costume, again?) Mostly it was in support of her 2006 book, The Bikini Book.
5. She speaks in the third person. The egotistical Kelly often refers to her life in terms of “Kelly-Land” and “Kelly-Time” as in, “You never know what’s gonna happen in Kellyland.”
6. She packs a punch. She was arrested on March 5 for assaulting her toyboy boyfriend Nick Stefanov. The six-foot Kelly gave Stefanov a black eye and gash on his cheek. Bethenny better watch her back!