7 Annoying Couple-isms
College Candy posted an article on the five most annoying couple-isms, like those twosomes who insist on using lame nicknames for each other in public (#3), and those obnoxious couples who fight in public (#5) — something I think most of us can agree is even worse than PDAs (#1). The list was pretty spot-on, but too brief. Those of us who have had the displeasure of spending time around annoying couples know there are way more than five traits that set them apart, so here are seven more couple-isms that cannot be overlooked.1. Using the term “date night” when going out anywhere after dark together.
2. Feeding each other.
3. Wanting to set up all of their single friends with each other so they don’t have to deal with anymore odd-numbered extra wheels.
4. “We”-ing everything. As in: “Did you see that new Wes Anderson movie yet?” “We did, we thought it was great. We can’t wait til it comes out on DVD so we can watch it over and over.”
5. Asking people to switch seats with them — on the plane, the bus, at the movies, a reading, etc. — so they can sit next to each other. Here’s a thought, annoying couples: get to events early enough to nab the seats you want instead of asking innocent bystanders to give up the seats they saved way before you bothered to show up!
6. Dropping inside jokes around other people and giggling in a way that makes it obvious they’re referencing their sex life.
7. Slipping their hands in each other’s back pockets while walking down the street.
What else do couples do that annoy the hell out of you?