Let’s face it. Most websites suck. Doncha think? Generally, I especially loathe those wear-their-gimmick-on-their-sleeve sites, the ones that were created just so someone could get a book deal. But I love me some This Is Why You’re Fat. It’s hardcore, wet and sloppy, extreme, take-no-prisoners, get down and dirty food porn. And I, for one, cannot get enough of it. If you’re looking to drool over photographs of the most over the top food assemblages ever created, this is the omnivore pornography for which you have spent your whole life waiting. Co-created by Frisky contributors Richard Blakeley (of Gawker) and his girlfriend, Urlesque‘s Jessica Amason, this is the next food movement — 21st century shameless gluttony! — waiting to happen. After the jump, a few of my obscene favorites.
- Deep fried guacamole: Seriously, I’ve gone back to look at this picture more than once. Deep. Fried. Guacamole. What else is there to say? I don’t know how much fat is in one bite of these, but I’m thinking somewhere in the neighborhood of a billion grams.
- Deep fried grilled cheese: Perhaps you are detecting a theme? I would probably eat a deep friend cellphone, although deep fried grilled cheese sounds way better. This is like ice cream with sugar on top, but fattier.
- Blueberry Waffle Breakfast Sandwich: I’m not totally sure about this one, because I’m not a huge fan of blueberries, but the bacon, sausage, eggs, ham, cheese, and maple syrup make me willing to give it a try.
- The McGangBang: “A McChicken sandwich inside a double cheeseburger.” I would so marry this meal.
- Chocolate Covered Bacon: The only thing that would make this better is if — wait. There’s nothing that would make this better.
Now, I just have to get my hands on the book.