Chris Brown and Rihanna are supposedly in a Santa Monica studio recording a duet. WTF?! Has Rihanna not seen “What’s Love Got To Do With It?” Well, if Tina Turner, Oprah, Jay-Z, her friends, the media, the public outcry, and rational thought can’t help her see the light, maybe if we try to speak her language- music, she’ll realize he’s got to go. So, we’ve compiled a list of hit songs (no pun intended) to inspire Rihanna that we think she and Chris Brown should cover for their duet.
1. “(Baby) One More Time” by Britney Spears
Brit-Brit may have bad taste in men, but even she can draw the line at physical abuse.
2. ”50 Ways To Leave Your Lover” by Paul Simon
Maybe this song will give Rihanna some ideas for an escape plan.
3. ”Can You Feel The Beat” by Lisa Lisa and Cult Jam
It pains us to see you hurt, Rihanna.
4. “You Really Got A Hold On Me” by Smokey Robinson & The Miracles
Just cause you love him, doesn’t mean you shouldn’t leave him, RiRI!
5. ”And Then You Kissed Me” by The Cardigans
Try to look Chris in the eyes and sing, “when love makes you wake up sore/with fists that are ready for more.”
6. “Only Women Bleed” by Alice Cooper
As the Coop explains, sometimes it’s unnatural.
7. ”Young Hearts Run Free by Candi Staton
Run, Rihanna, run!
8. ”A Fool In Love” by Ike and Tina Turner
She’s not a fool anymore! Now she’s a happy cougar.
9. ”You Wreck Me Baby” by Tom Petty and the Heart Breakers
Don’t let him ruin you!
10. ”Get Out” by JoJo
Kick Chris to the curb.