Malin Ackerman dons skin-tight latex for her role as Silk Spectre II in the much-anticipated film “The Watchmen,” which hits theaters today. We remembered her from “Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle” and “27 Dresses,” but wanted to get to know her a little better. Find out more about this self-described “Swedish-Canadian mutt” after the jump.
- Ackerman was born in Stockholm, Sweden, but her parents moved their family to Canada when she was two years old because her father, an insurance broker, had a career opportunity.
- She was persuaded to go into modeling after going on some of her model mother’s fashion shoots.
- And at 16, she won the Ford Supermodel of Canada search.
- After moving to L.A. to pursue her acting career, Ackerman became the lead singer in the alt-rock band The Petalstones, which called it quits after they couldn’t get major label backing.
- She married the band’s drummer Roberto Zincone in June 2007. “I went back to acting, but kept my husband.”
- Ackerman had to wear a corset that made her waist three inches tinier in “The Watchmen,” so her shoulders would look more muscular.
- She’s a devout chocolate lover. “I can’t walk by chocolate without eating it,” she said in Women’s Health. She also has an addiction to Nutella, a chocolate and hazelnut spread. Us too!
- Ackerman wants “a big table of kids,” but says she and her husband will probably have two biological children and adopt one.
- She keeps up on American politics by reading MoveOn.org, even though she can’t vote in U.S. elections.