Hi, I’m Dr. V. I’m not a real doctor. I just play one on the Internet. What I am is a lady — -a lady who is a fool for love! And I love nothing more than sex. My deepest desires have happily led me on many adventures in the sack, but they have also, sadly, made me one of my gyno’s most valuable players. At least I’ve lived to tell the tale(s)! Every Friday, I dish the dirt on everything from getting freaky to getting freaked out. Let’s get this party started …
Valentine’s Day is right around the corner, and you know what they say, ladies — the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach. Since we’re typically more interested in getting into his pants, here are some edible aphrodisiacs that are so yummy, he can already taste it! HOW IT HAPPENED TO ME
A first-date dreamboat took me to a fancy fish place. After oysters, shrimp, and fish, we went back to his place to prove it’s not the size of the ship, it’s the motion of the ocean.
WHO’S TO BLAME
Sharing meals is typical couples fare. Turn up the heat by enticing your lover’s appetite.
THE GET LUCKY 13 EDIBLE APHRODISIACS
1. Asparagus: Rich in E, asparagus is a taskmaster when it comes to sex hormone production.
2. Cheese: Casanova swore by cheese’s seductive power. Brie has been singled out for making women smell sweeter. Experts say cheese contains 10 times the aphrodisiac power of chocolate.
3. Chili Pepper: Nature’s Viagra, the capsaicin in chili makes our nerve endings go ping, raises our pulses, and gets us all sweaty.
4. Chocolate: Give him some sugar. Melt it in your mouth to stimulate your mind and up your heart rate. It recreates the sensation of a passionate kiss.
5. Ginger: A popular aphrodisiac in Asia, tongue-tingler ginger gets you going.
6. Ginseng: Red ginseng is known for pumping a man up for sex.
7. Honey: The golden goody contains nitric oxide. Three ounces from your honey bear will increase the level of blood vessel opening nitric oxide in your body by 50-percent.
8. Oysters: In addition to being chock full of zinc, oysters contain rare amino acids that raise the roof on the hormone party in your pants.
9. Pecans: These nuts increase blood flow, get sperm and testosterone production going, and help a woman lubricate naturally.
10. Salami: It may be a euphemism for the man meat, but ¼ of Italian women said salami was the #1 food that got them in the mood for a beefcake.
11. Shellfish: Get them out of their hard shell, and they’ll show you your softer side. Although they’re pricey, they’re really rich in zinc.
12. Spicy Foods: Just like chili, curries and other spicy foods are known to make your heartbeat faster.
13. Velvet Bean: Typically, the ground seeds are served mixed in milk, and when consumed, they release a dopamine that kicks your libido into high gear.
WHAT TO DO
Want to get cooking? Here’s a great instructional video.
WHERE I WENT WRONG
Don’t go buying those edible candy panties or that chewy chocolate body paint. Ick! They’re not nearly as tasty as you are.
Edible aphrodisiacs are not like swimming. You don’t have to wait a half an hour.
Some consumable aphrodisiacs, like the infamous Spanish fly, are illegal for good reason. The line between a lethal does and a randy ride is slim. In 1772, the Marquis de Sade supposedly fed prostitutes tablets laced with ground up beetles and held an orgy.
1. Yourself On A Platter: Turn yourself into a naked plate of sushi.
2. Hot Buns: The sweet smell of cinnamon is a turn on.
3. Flower Power: Roses, the official flower of the goddess of love, Aphrodite, are classic, fragrant aphrodisiacs.
4. Kitchen Lingerie: Serve your sexy meal wearing an alluring apron.
Presentation is key. Use candlelight, flowers, and a special table setting.
1. The term aphrodisiac comes from the mythic Greek sex goddess, Aphrodite.
2. The onion is regarded as an aphrodisiac in India.
3. Vikings are credited with inventing the honeymoon. Right after they tied the knot, Nordic newlyweds would spend a month drinking mead, a wine made from honey.
4. Supposedly, the Queen of Sheba used cinnamon perfume to seduce King Solomon.
5. In Ancient Egypt, lettuce was considered an aphrodisiac.
Email your sexy time questions directly to Dr. V by clicking on her author name in the byline.