2008, for all its Debbie Downers, had some of the hottest dance music and videos! Since MTV won’t play them, WE WILL! From fantastical geometric landscapes to sonic glam ninjas, here are The Frisky’s picks for the Best Music Videos of the Year:
1. Empire of the Sun, “Walking On A Dream”: This Australian outfit is arguably the sweetest current glam band. Their decadence and their dance hooks are so catchy, we actually miss the ’80s!
2. David Byrne and Dizzy Rascal, “Toe Jam”: Silly naked fun!
3. N.E.R.D., “Everyone Nose”: The sexy photo blog style is like the music video version of Last Nights Party.
4. Katy Perry, “Hot n’ Cold”: While Katy is better known for “I Kissed A Girl,” this video which features jilted brides with baseball bats is still more fun.
5. Gnarls Barkley, “Going On”: The classic get down dance circle.
6. She & Him, “Why Do You Let me Stay Here”: Surrounded by swooning animated birds like she’s Cinderella, Zoe Dechanel is the cutest!
7. Ra Ra Riot, “Dying is Fine”: After the loss of a band member, the ensemble comes to terms with the circle in this awesome video about the tree of life.
8. Britney Spears, “Womanizer”: She’s naked…again. But this time the director of photography isn’t the paparazzi.
9. N.E.R.D., Julian Casablancas, Santogold, “My Drive Thru”: Okay, so the song was totally contrived for Converse, but the track is awesome and the photocopy paper doll performers are an amazingly creative visual.
10. MGMT, “Time To Pretend”: The track of the year with a graphic that multiplies like their fan base.
11. TV On the Radio, ”Golden Age”: Considered by many to be the album of the year, this is the Brooklyn band that can and has over and over again. This is a beautiful video with positive imagery like cops shooting rainbows.
12. TV On the Radio, “Dancing Choose”: A video so nice we put this band down twice. This short is a visual caucophony of hypnotic black and white.
13. Duffy, “Mercy”: Duffy does it like Nancy Sinatra with a hip shake and men dancing at her feet.
14. Pink, “So What”: Divorce is a bitch and so is Pink in this hilarious video.
15. The Dandy Warhols, “Mission Control”: Outerspace makes for a video that’s outta sight!
Alice Eve, an actress who I only recognize because she played Captain James T. Kirk's future wife Carol Marcus in the second "Star Trek" reboot, had some seriously transphobic things to say about Bruce Jenner in a recent Instagram post. In the wake of Jenner's "20/20" interview, in which the Olympian told Diane Sawyer, "I am a woman,"…
One of Bruce Jenner's ex-wives expressed her support after Jenner confirmed Friday that he's transgenderand identifies as a woman. Also standing firm behind the former Olympic athlete: his four oldest children (the ones not regularly seen on Keeping Up With the Kardashians), despite the "very complex relationship" he had with them and his absence i…