My 2009 New Year’s Resolutions
This week, The Frisky will be revealing their oh-so-ambitious resolutions for 2009. We encourage you to submit yours in the comments—maybe you’ll inspire others to adapt the same resolutions and at the very least you’ll get some support. Especially for your resolution to eat more donuts this year. That’s something we can all get behind. Take it away, Annika…
1. Get a driver’s license: I put this on my resolutions list last year, but only achieved part of it. I was born and raised in NYC, so having a car is more of a luxury than a necessity. But now that I’m getting older I want to add a license to my list of accomplishments.
2. Go to Europe: I haven’t been to Europe since I was a little babe. My plan is to reconnect with my cousin in London or my friend in Slovakia, so I can’t use not having a travel companion as an excuse. I also plan to adapt my style to where ever I’m going, so I don’t stick out like a tourist.
3. Pay off my credit card: I’m sick and tired of my credit card debt. And this year, I’ll actually have the means to pay it off in one fell swoop. So I will ignore whatever heels or boots that catch my eye until I’ve paid my debt.
4. Become crafty: I haven’t touched a sewing machine since 2004 when I designed costumes for a production of “A Lesson Before Dying.” I’m really shocked that it’s been four years, especially since sewing was really therapeutic for me. And I really want to make cute button earrings like Catherine.
5. Go out more: I’ve gotten into a bit of a socializing rut since I’ve been in a relationship. I go to work, go home, make plans to see the bf and that’s it. In 2009, I will go out with my girlfriends, take my mom on our weekly date and will do new things alone if I can’t find a companion.