Style On The Street: There’s No Wrong Way To Wear A Blazer
Okay, that’s a lie. There are wrong ways to wear a blazers. Most of the time, however, they’ll make you look a whole lot nicer without much effort. The best (and cheapest) blazers are the ones in the boys’ department. The small size means the fit is less boxy, and the sleeves will be 3/4-length on you, which is less stuffy looking.
1. Boys’ Cherokee Suiting Jacket, $34.99, Target.com (Don’t be deceived by the photo. Amelia has this and it looks divine on.)
2. Women’s Essential One-Button Blazer, $39.50, OldNavy.com
3. Claiborne Boys Poly/Wool Single Breasted Blazer, $59.50, Macys.com
4. Silence & Noise Menswear Smoking Blazer, $78, UrbanOutfitters.com
5. Check thrift shops. I own blazer #3, but I picked it up for $1.50 at Goodwill. Some 10-year-old boy had outgrown it.