10 Tumblogs To Follow
Tumblr is the awesome blogging platform out there right now. Unlike Typepad or Blogger, you don’t need to know a lick of HTML to post thoughts or images onto your own blog from your computer or phone. Best of all, it also allows you to follow other Tumblr bloggers via your dashboard, similar to the way you’d follow websites you like via an RSS feed. Even if you just want a place to post your favorite photos for friends and family to see, or compile favorite quotes, Tumblr makes it idiot proof, and the more bloggers you follow on your dashboard, the more cool information, pictures, and articles you’ll discover. After the jump, some of my favorite Tumblogs to follow.
1. Hairbrained: Great for when you need a new look and are desperate for ideas, this blog compiles images of cool looking hairdos and hair colors to inspire you.
2. The Material Review: Carefully handpicked, yet totally random, products, photographs, videos, and songs.
3. Dear Old Love: Short notes to we’ve loved (or at least liked), requited or unrequited, like: “You used to tell me your ex made you a better person. When you left me to go back to her, I became a worse one.”
4. What Would Joan Holloway Do?: Exactly what it sounds like. Ruminations, advice, pearls of wisdom from everyone’s favorite Sterling Cooper head secretary.
5. Things You Can’t Do Coked Up: This is by no means an endorsement of doing cocaine — in fact, it’s the opposite, because the amount of activities you really couldn’t do after a night a la Gary Busey is so extensive, it takes the glamour right out of it.
6. Copy Cats: I’m a sucker for a real good cover song — in fact, I sometimes think they can be better than the originals — but they can be hard to track down. That’s why this tumblog rules — so many rare covers, all in an easy to navigate format, and you can listen to them on the site.
7. Garfield Minus Garfield: “…a site dedicated to removing Garfield from the Garfield comic strips in order to reveal the existential angst of a certain young Mr. Jon Arbuckle.” Pure hilarity.
8. Sunday Morning: The blogger behind Sunday Morning is always posting the coolest black and white photos of old movies stars, musicians, and retro products.
9. What I Wore: Jessica photographs her outfit every morning on the way to work and proves you can really can wear something totally new everyday with just the items in your closet and not spending a fortune on designer wares.
10. Lunch Bag Alert: Remember when your mom used to write a little note on your napkin and stuck it in your lunch bag? Well your mom sucks in comparison to this parent. No idea if the blogger is a man or woman, but each day he/she creates a totally awesome new lunch bag for his/her kid and photographs it before sending the little tyke off to school. Totally endearing and cool.