10 Songs That Objectify Women (That We Really Love)
We’d like to think we’re bra burning feminists that would be repulsed by songs that refer to a woman’s body parts or her sensual essence, but we’re not. In fact, we’re not even ashamed to admit that sometimes clever lyrics or a banging beat or melody trump our feminist ideals, especially in the club. So we put together a list of songs that objectify women, but are totally on playlists in our iPods. Don’t get mad that we’re not disgusted by these songs, just sit back and let the music move you.
10. “You remind me of my jeep. I wanna ride it. Something like my sound. I wanna pump it. Girl you look just like my cars. I wanna wax it. And something like my bank account. I wanna spend it, baby.” — “You Remind Me of Something,” R. Kelly
No one has ever accused R. Kelly of being clever, especially after that sex tape surfaced, but at least he’s got some similes and metaphors in his lyrics. Although his genius usually comes out in the music.
9. “Ticklin you around Delaware before I enter. Turn to seduction from face hips to feet. A wiggle and a jiggle can make the night complete. Now since you got the body of the year, come and get the award. Here’s a hint…it’s like a long sharp sword.” — “Rump Shaker,” Wrecks-N-Effect
We danced to this song at my seventh grade dance. The principal and teachers had no idea what Wrecks-N-Effect was saying. And it was a Catholic school.
8. “Ya like to dance at all the hip hop spots. And ya cruise to the crews like connect da dots. Not just urban she likes the pop, cuz she was livin’ la vida loca.” — “Thong Song,” Sisqo
This song singlehandedly made thongs popular in the ’90s. Thank your lucky stars those days are over. Now let’s have the “Boy Short Song”.
7. “Conversate. Sex on the first date. I state, ‘You know what you do to me?’ She starts off, ‘Well I don’t usually.’ Then I, whip it out, rubber no doubt. Step out, show me what you all about. Fingers in your mouth, open up your blouse, pull your G-string down South. Aoowww.” — “Nasty Girl,” The Notorious B.I.G.
There’s a little nasty in all of us, and having a man that isn’t intimidated by that, but actually appreciates it, would be a welcomed breath of fresh air.
6. “She was a fast machine. She kept her motor clean. She was the best damn woman that I ever seen. She had the sightless eyes, telling me no lies. Knocking me out with those American thighs.” — “You Shook Me All Night Long,” AC/DC
What is it with men comparing women to vehicles? Well at least we’re not compared to man’s best friend. Poon and cars really are man’s two favorite loves.
5. “Word to my momma, yo, I hate ya’ll greedy bitches. Ya’ll greasy, after the club, want the piece of chicken. Hotel rooms, you better not touch the phone. Uh-uh, leave that roof service book alone. Don’t ask me, for food, I ain’t ask you.” — “Greedy Bitches,” Ghostface Killah
Okay, I’ll admit I’m the only one at The Frisky that has heard this song, but I love it, so it’s on this list. It probably would offend me if I was a groupie, but I don’t have to perform sexual favors for chicken, so I listen to this song at least once a week.
4. “She wanted me to feed her, so I mixed up the batter and she licked the beater. I scream, you scream, we all scream for her. Don’t even try ’cause you can’t ignore her.” — “Cherry Pie,” Warrant
We love how sexual Warrant’s lyrics are, without using explicit language. Doesn’t this song make you want to toss your hair all over the place?
3. “She’s a very kinky girl, the kind you don’t take home to mother. She will never let your spirits down, once you get her off the street, ow girl. She likes the boys in the band. She says that I’m her all-time favorite. When I make my move to her room, it’s the right time. She’s never hard to please.” — “Super Freak,” Rick James
I guess if you are a groupie, you better deliver the goods. And they should be something spectacular!
2. “The clothes she wears, the sexy ways, make an old man wish for younger days. She knows she’s built and knows how to please. Sure enough to knock a man to his knees.”–“Brick House,” The Commodores
I’d like to think of this as a celebration of the female physique, rather than an objectification.
1. “‘Cause you notice that butt was stuffed deep in the jeans she’s wearing. I’m hooked and I can’t stop staring. Oh baby, I wanna get with you and take your picture. My homeboys tried to warn me, but that butt you got makes me so horny.”–“Baby Got Back,” Sir Mix-A-Lot
Classic, classic, classic. This song and video always makes us laugh. Think of it as a PSA against anorexia and bulimia.