For starters, you might not actually know much of anything about the model-turned-actor (turned musician!) who was once a Daily Hotness. First spotted as Cedric Diggory in the Harry Potter movies, the 22-year old is sure to be the next big thing thanks to the upcoming vampire movie “Twilight” (based on the series of novels by Stephanie Meyer), in which Pattinson plays lead vamp Edward Cullen. He’s been dubbed “the next Jude Law” by the British press, but what more is there to know about this hunk across the pond? Oh, so much.
- Apparently, his favorite curse word is “tike”, an offensive British term which refers to a “crude, ill-bred person who lacks culture or refinement.” In America, we would call him a snob! (A sexy snob though.)
- When he was young, his sisters used to dress him up as a girl and call him “Claudia”. I love the name Claudia — it’s so ’80s. I think it needs to be brought back.
- He finds Ugg boots to be a very unattractive fashion statement. Guess he won’t be dating most of young Hollywood then…
- His fans now call him “Spunk Ransom” or “Ransom Spunk” in an interview with MTV, he requested it, saying that he hates the name “Robert”. I suspect he was joking about those particular names, but you know how rabid fans are about taking their idol’s words literally.
- He’s a rebel and was expelled from school at the age of 12, conveniently also the same age when he had his first kiss. Was he perhaps expelled for necking AT school?