Since actress Abbie Cornish’s relationship with “Stop-Loss” costar Ryan Phillippe has gone totally public, we’re wondering: Who’s the Aussie that stole Reese Witherspoon’s husband? Apparently, Ryan likes women who steer clear of the tabloids.
- Was Abbie the other woman who broke up Ryan and Reese? Although Abbie maintains she and Ryan were just friends while filming “Stop-Loss,” rumor has it Reese found romantic messages between the two on Ryan’s Blackberry.
- When Abbie was a teen, she entered a contest to attend the MTV Movie Awards. In it, she had to say what star she wanted to meet. Abbie wrote a poem about Matt Damon and Ben Affleck — and won.
- She plays several musical instruments, likes to rap, and has an interest in breakdancing. Hopefully, she won’t take either of these up as a side hustle. It’s hard to imagine her starring in a dance movie alongside her “Stop-Loss” costar Channing Tatum from “Step Up” and “Step Up 2: The Streets.”
- At 26, Abbie has worked with some of Hollywood’s heavy hitters. She shared the screen with Heath Legder in the junkie drama “Candy” and Russell Crowe in “A Good Year.” She also appeared in “Elizabeth: The Golden Age,” starring Cate Blanchett as Queen Elizabeth I.
- Abbie may replace Keira Knightley as the queen of the historical drama. Up next, she’ll appear in the Viking drama “Last Battle Dreamer,” “Wuthering Heights,” and “Bright Star,” which chronicles the relationship between poet John Keats and Fanny Brawne.