5 Reasons We Love…Rachel Maddow
1. Maddow consistently holds her own with loud mouths like Keith Olbermann and Chris Matthews as a regular panelist on MSNBC. She’s so impressive that she scored a hosting gig for her own news show, The Rachel Maddow Show, starting tonight at 9pm on MSNBC.
2. Despite reports, she refused to be “prettied up” for her new show. And thank goodness – like we need another fembot anchor with too much eyeliner and teased hair.
3. She tells it like it is – whether you agree with her or not, Maddow gives her opinion when warranted but never gets absurdly hot headed. She’s a great representative of women with a variety of different viewpoints because she speaks her mind, but keeps her cool.
4. When she’s not working as a political pundit, she’s an activist who works to stop the spread of HIV and AIDS, particularly in prisons, proving that just because you’re a journalist doesn’t mean you can’t be passionate about causes you support.
5. Maddow is one of the only openly gay television news personalities and currently lives with her partner of eight years in Massachusetts.