5 Reasons We Love…Skins
- The show is about a bunch of teenagers who live in Bristol, England, so they use all sorts of awesome slang, i.e., “spliff” means marijuana.
- Skins has its own Twitter, and if you follow it, you’ll learn a new British word every day.
- Each episode focuses on one character’s perspective, so you see Cassie battling an eating disorder, Jal dealing with a famous father, and Tony trying to pick up private school girls by joining a choir — stuff that wouldn’t really get touched on if the show just focused on the group as a whole. And the characters are so different you’ll fall in love with at least one of them (we heart Cassie).
- BBC America airs episodes Sundays at 9 and 10 p.m. but replays them Mondays at 12, 1, 3, and 4 a.m., so if you’re an insomniac, you’ll have something to watch besides infomercials at least one day a week.
- The actors actually look like they’re 17 years old and in high school, unlike Naomi on the new 90210, who looks about 30.
Keep reading to watch the series’ trailer and clips from this weeks episodes, which tell the stories of Chris and Sid.
Skins is on BBC America Sundays at 10 p.m.