5 Reasons We Love…Simon Rich
- He published his first book, Ant Farm, while still in college. And it was actually funny. So funny that we’re not jealous of him (even though he got a book deal when he was 22).
- He became a writer for Saturday Night Live right after graduating from Harvard in 2007 and still we’re not envious.
- He’s one of three finalists for the 2008 Thurber Prize for American Humor, our country’s “highest recognition of the art of humor writing,” according to the award’s website.
- He looks young for his age, and so do we. It’s hard being in your 20s and being mistaken for a 16 year old. Simon, we feel for ya.
- We laughed out loud on the subway while reading his new collection of hilarious made-up conversations, like this one, which takes place between two frogs who have just figured out where all of their friends and relatives go: middle school science classes to be dissected. The book, titled Free-Range Chickens, comes out today.