Who IS Balthazar Getty, Anyway?
Who does Balthazar Getty think he is? Well, inquiring minds (who keep reading his name over and over again) want to know! So we did a little digging on the daddy that ran off with Sienna Miller and here’s what we found out:
- LOVES: At the tender age of 16, Balthazar moved in with actress Lala Sloatman, but their relationship burned out fast. In 1989 the aspiring actor was photographed for a Seventeen magazine spread with his former girlfriend Milla Jovovich. After they split, Getty got it on with Drew Barrymore until 1991. In 2000, he married fancy-pants children’s clothing designer and couturier to the stars, Rosetta Millington. Together they have four children, but Getty said that the two separated in late-2007, before he hooked up with co-star Sienna Miller.
- FAMILY: Raised in San Francisco, the 33-year old actor is the heir to the Getty Oil Company’s multi-billion dollar fortune. Cha-ching!
- CAREER: Discovered by a talent agent while still in art school, the actor/producer also fancies himself a musician — well, at least on MySpace. On television, Balthazar is known for playing roles on Brothers & Sisters, Alias, and Charmed. His filmography includes Lord of the Flies, Natural Born Killers, Lost Highway, and White Squall. Hilariously enough, the most recent project of the man currently linked to Sienna Miller is entitled Feast 2: Sloppy Seconds.
- CREW: Well, looks like he doesn’t really have any friends…at least not anymore. Even his best buddies, Rebecca Gayheart and Eric Dane, have rallied around his wife Rosetta. Looks like the only one who still plays with him is his obsessed fan/website manager/bandmate/hanger-on Scott Thomas.
- LITTLE KNOWN FACTS: Turns out baby Balthazar was born Paul B. Getty. But to be fair, if you’re going to be an heir, Balthazar is better. The translation from Greek means “God save the King.” Ha! “Friends” call him “Balt” for short. Getty is an Aquarius, which means he’s aloof, unpredictable, and unconventional. Getty got a reputation on the set of Lost Highway for bumming cigarettes, borrowing people’s cell phones, and being a two-faced butt-kisser to David Lynch.
[Photos: AP/Splash News]