The Top Six Relationship Red Flags
Everyone has their faults…even relationship bloggers who are skilled and rational lovers (ahem, coupled with being a little neurotic). But when you’re with someone, it’s all about understanding and complimenting each other’s strengths and weakness. However, some things are flexible, some things are sticking points and some things are straight up warning signs. Even though it’s hard to keep your eyes open when all you feel is sex and love, turning a blind eye will bite you in the booty eventually. So no matter how in love you are, you gotta look out for red flags. Michael Snayerson wrote some for dudes that still totally apply for us ladies, from rudeness to waiters to dirty underwear. We love that he thinks a man should always offer to pay on the first date, although his aversion to eggs and ketchup may seem a little irrational. To tell our side, we’ve assembled some red flags that are visible even through the sex haze and should not be ignored! All the dirt, after the jump…
1. He Knows Women Everywhere You Go Oh, and they know him! It’s good to date a social guy, but too much of a good thing isn’t a good thing at all.
2. Doesn’t Dress Up For Dates You are beautiful, special, important and it just took you an hour to slap on some make up and coordinate a cute outfit. If you’re willing to walk around in pumps so high you could dunk a basketball, the least he can do is put on a nice shirt. If he’s not trying to impress you too, you’re wasting your time.
3. Never Picks Up On Your Calls Or Only Texts You First of all, texts are the bane of the modern dating experience. If he’s afraid to let you reach out and touch him via technology, i.e. the phone, he’s already avoiding the easiest way to communicate with you. Lame!
4. Friends and Family Disapprove Whether the people close to you hate him or the people close to him hate you, it’s bad. After all, how are you going to go places together or worse yet, what’s the point of having a partner if you’re forced to go to things alone due to personality differences? Listen to the people who love you. You’ve already picked them to be in your life, you can find someone else who will slip right in.
5. He Insists On Something You Don’t Like Whether it’s anal sex or a flea bag restaurant, if it’s not his birthday, he doesn’t always get his way. If he really cared about you and your opinion you would be able to do things you both enjoy. But if he’s consistently choosing to be a selfish jerk, you should too and dump his egocentric butt.
6. You Only Take Bad Pictures Together The camera is a scientific device that never lies. It gives you a close up look at your chemistry, even if it’s a crowd shot. So, if you don’t look good together for some reason, albeit superficial, it’s a warning sign.