Top Eight Music Videos Featuring Sweet Dance Moves
1. Janet Jackson, “If” You may be saying to yourself, “Wait, why not ‘Rhythm Nation’?” Because everyone assumes that “Rhythm Nation” is Janet’s best dance video, but it’s not. “If” is much dirtier. See for yourself.
2. Paula Abdul, “Cold Hearted Snake” We all know that Paula is a dancer wayyy more than she’s a singer, so I had loads to choose from when it came to her repertoire of work. Two steps forward, two steps back, as in “Opposites Attract”? “Shut Up And Dance”? Nah. As Simcha pointed out to me, “Cold Hearted Snake” is Paula’s most Bob Fosse-esque video. Also, we love the thong leotards.
3. Fatboy Slim, “Praise You” This video won an MTV Video Music Award for best choreography, but we love the fact that it features real people doing the routine, not professionals.
4. Michael Jackson, “Smooth Criminal” “Thriller” be damned!
5. Bjork, “It’s Oh So Quiet” Total quirky cuteness. We miss this Bjork, honestly. When she was just weird enough.
6. Feist, “1, 2, 3, 4″ If you haven’t gotten sick of this song thanks to its appearance in those iPod ads, you will appreciate this video. It’s clear Leslie Feist could have a second career on Broadway.
7. Fatboy Slim, “Weapon of Choice” I couldn’t resist another Fatboy Slim video. The star, actor Christopher Walken, is a trained ballet dancer! Did you know that? He is so amazing.
8. Yelle, “Je Veux Te Voir” Thanks to our girl Leo for this recommendation — Yelle is a French singer, but we love all the different people in this video showcasing their sweet dance moves. You do not need to be a member of N’Sync to know how to dance people!