The Frisky’s Top 5 Female Action Heroes In Film
Nothing causes more boners than an action movie — especially when it stars a femme fatale who knows how to handle a gun. Everyone loves a sharp shootinâ€™, straight talkinâ€™ lady whose looks alone could kill, but itâ€™s even better when sheâ€™s actually a trained lethal weapon. In honor of the women who inspire us to fight for our rights (and wear something skin tight), here are The Friskyâ€™s Top 5 Female Action Heroes.
5. Jane Fonda as Barbarella Sheâ€™s bold, sheâ€™s blonde, and she wonâ€™t take no for an answer. The stylish mod manhandler battles her way through the universe with a dozen outfits and one ray gun.
4. Angelina Jolie as Lara Croft: Tomb Raider A woman with a French braid has never been so tough. She rips up robots, makes dance mixes, and double fists guns — perhaps her real super power is being able to squeeze her arsenal — from her buns to her glocks — into hot pants.
3. Sigourney Weaver as Ellen Ripley in the Aliens Quadrilogy Ripley, believe it or not, originally was a role written for a man, but it takes a woman to tackle all those extraterrestrials. And if there was ever a woman worth cloning, itâ€™s this mother/alien ass kicker.
2. Tamara Dobson in Cleopatra Jones While the competition is stiff, this lady is Blaxsploitationâ€™s baddest bootylicious crime buster. Cleopatra took out pushers, gangsters, corrupt cops, and even The Man (who was a woman) without so much as losing a hair from her amazing afro.
1. Uma Thurman in Kill Bill Cut throat and cunning, every girl can sympathize with this merciless bridezilla who wonâ€™t stop fighting until sheâ€™s brought on a bloodbath to rival her weddingâ€™s. Who would have thought a yellow jumpsuit could look so hot?
Honorable Mention: Linda Hamilton as Sarah Connor in the Terminator Trilogy In the first one she was a wuss that was rescued countless times, but by Judgment Day, she was buff and kickinâ€™ butt! So, for stepping up your game, we salute you.